Saturday, November 8, 2014

Talon by Julie Kagawa - Book Review


Upped my fascination with dragons to a whole new level! 


What can I say? Talon is definitely worth the wait. I've been waiting for this baby to finally hatch ever since the day Julie Kagawa announced this whole new series. Only she, could spun a story of mythical creatures and fuse it in modern times in her unique way that will grip readers for sure.
Dragons hunted to extinction by an ancient enemy, a militarian force in the Order of St. George. A hatchling by dragon standards struggling for freedom from an organization who has plans for them, from the moment they were hatched and seemed to control their purpose in existence. When you start to question the things instilled in you from the beginning, you wouldn't know whom to trust and who would betray you. Relying on instincts and the swirl of human emotions is an entirely new concept. Decades of warring among dragons and humans; two different species separated by deep-rooted fear, rage and misunderstanding; can dragon rogues and a human traitor patch a long-time rift?

 Wow, from fey, to vampires to dragons. Freaking awesome! Ember Hill is yet another infamous heroine. I've sinked into this book as I've already expected,coz... really, it's a Julie Kagawa book,for crying outloud! and a book from her is definitely a winner. The characters are insanely strong and interesting. The plot, the intrigue is definitely there. Brewing of intense, defy-the-odds romance too! I can only foresee how Ember will turn into a kickass heroine! And boy, the two males, will definitely make it hard for her to choose. One representing the primal pull of her dragon kind, and the other one signifying a whole new unchartered territory of human emotions. I am definitely looking forward to the sequel, and I'm gonna clutch the hope that it will be as good or better than the primer in this series. Totally 5 stars for Talon!





4 comments:

  1. I nominated you for The Bloggers Recognition Award over on my blog :D Here's the post : http://www.beyondthebookreviews.blogspot.ca/2015/07/the-blogger-recognition-awards.html

    LL <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! Thanks so much for this. I'm really sorry I became inactive in blogging for so long, (but I never stopped reading!) when the other parts of life caught up with me. Your nomination is totally flattering. Thank you! Thank you! *hugs and kisses*

      Delete
  2. I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK! NOW I WILL WANT TO EVEN MORE! I loved the Iron Fey series so I expect good work from Julie! Also you've got a beautiful blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! I am so sorry I am only seeing this now, (but definitely writing back). Have you read Talon yet? I've had my copy and read ROGUE as well. SOLDIER is coming out tomorrow! April 26th... look at that. :)

      Thank you that you found my amateurish blog, beautiful! That means alot to me. Take care!

      Delete